Welcome Address by the Head Teacher
Welcome to the new and improved Kincorth Academy website. Over the next few weeks we hope you will see the site continue to evolve to become more informative, accessible and attractive. If there are items you would wish to see included on the site, please contact the school and we will do our best to add these.
Kincorth Academy is a 6 year comprehensive school that has served the communities of Kincorth, Cove, Nigg and Redmoss since 1971. Since my arrival in September 2016 the whole school community has worked together to ensure young people have the chance to succeed. The values of aspiration, effort, resilience and respect are instilled to help pupils become the effective contributors, responsible citizens, confident individuals and successful learners we all want them to be. I have been impressed by the resilient attitude of pupils and staff since my arrival and thoroughly enjoy working with the whole school community.
We have an active and strong Parent Council that has worked hard to support the school and is not afraid to hold the school to account. I thank them for all their hard work and would encourage more parents to join them in their work. Parental engagement is important in ensuring we are getting it right for the young people and the community we serve and we always welcome feedback so that we can continue to improve our service.
The hard work of staff and pupils has been recognised by Education Scotland when they visited for their follow through Inspection in February/March. When they fed back to our Director of Education, Gayle Gorman, they were complimentary of the articulate pupils we have who were ready and willing to talk about their experiences; commented on the professionalism and team spirit demonstrated by staff; and they were particularly impressed with the positive ethos of the school.
We now want to use this to continue to improve as we are about to begin the final year of Kincorth Academy. In August 2018 we will merge with Torry Academy to form Lochside Academy. We are working alongside our partners in Torry and across all the primary schools, and with Mr Hendry the new Head Teacher) to ensure that the tranisition to an new, purpose built, state of the art facility is a success.
Thank you for finding out about Kincorth Academy and we look forward to your feedback.
Acting Head Teacher
- Parent Bulletin Thursday 25th May 2017
- Autism and Other Conditions Aberdeen – Parent Support Group
- Termly Parent Council Meeting – 24th May 2017
- Aberdeen Sports Village Survey
- New Aberdeen Additional Support Needs Group – Look up for Activities.
- Minutes of the Parent Council Meeting.. held on 3rd May, 2017
- Letters to Parents – New Timetable begins on 5th June 2017
- Autisim Network Scotland – Upcoming Events – April/May 2017
- Lochside Academy
- Kincorth Progress News Letter
- SQA Exams
- Adventure Aberdeen Holiday programme
- Design the new Lochside Academy badge
- Autism Strategy newsletter
- S3 Curriculum Booklet for S2 pupils choosing courses for S3 in 2017/2018
- Interested in teaching as a career? New route into secondary teaching.
- Parent Council minutes – 30 January
- Choice sheet
- Prelim Timetable
- Parent Council minutes
- Senior Phase Course Choice information
If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact the school either by phoning a member of the School Leadership Team or by e-mailing the school.
Phone: (01224) 872881
Kincorth Academy Arts & Design Pupils showcase their Art Works.