The festival runs from:
World Book Day 6th March
to World Book Night on 23rd April.
There are lots of exciting events and activities to take part in:
- Author visits
- Deborah Leslie, a doric writer
- Alan Spence, the University of Aberdeen’s writer in Residence
- Graham Milne, an Aberdeen paranormal writer
- Get sponsored for reading books.
- Read as many as you like and raise money for some great children’s charities – CLIC Sargent; Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity; Readwell and Together for Short Lives.
- Our Readathon will take place from 31st March to 25th April and will run alongside the public library’s Easter Reading Challenge.
- Come as you please day
- you are invited to come dressed as a literary character
- Friday 21st March
- All money raised going to the Vine Trust
- Film Club will be showing films that have been adapted from novels
- The Scholastic Book fair
- Some of our S3 Business pupils will be running a Book Fair from Tuesday 22nd April to Friday 25th April
- Buy some great books at fantastic prizes
- Our school library gets a % from all sales to buy new books for the library.
BUT the most exciting part of the festival will be publishing our very own Kincorth Academy Book!
Pupils are invited to submit a piece of their own original writing from any subject and in any form.
You can include a short story, a poem, an extract from a play, some song lyrics, a report, a diary entry from a historical character – basically anything at all!
The deadline for submissions will be Friday 21st March.
The finished book will be available to order from our Scholastic Book Fair after the Easter Holidays.
This is an amazing opportunity to become a published writer so get writing!